What is Games for Change?
- Games for Change invites teams of people of all ages and backgrounds to come forward with ideas which can help our community in Kingston to recover and rebuild following COVID 19.
- There will be no limits to the ideas that the teams can come up with. The teams will pitch their ideas and local people will select their favourites. Great prizes will provide an added incentive for teams to get involved.
- The ideas generated by the teams will be given maximum publicity. We hope they will be considered seriously and even taken forward by the teams or by organisations with the right expertise and resources to make things happen.
Why Games for Change?
- As we move into the recover and rebuild phase, how can we help to make Kingston and the world a better place than it was before COVID 19?
- Ordinary people come up with brilliant ideas and creative solutions to problems, as many have shown during lockdown. It is vital that we are given opportunities to express and feed our ideas into plans and policies for the future.
- The Games for Change Challenge will create a forum ,like a community think tank, for people to come up with and share their ideas so that they can hopefully be heard by organisations that are in a position to help change our community for the better.
Who are we?
- We are Shared Enterprise. We are a charity and social enterprise. We support people facing challenges to realise their enterprise dreams.
- Games for Change adapts one of the games we use to empower people to generate and share ideas, inspire each other and create change for themselves. It offers a practical way of getting people involved and having lots of fun at the same time.
Where will the Games for Change Challenge take place?
- The crowdfunding would enable us to run a first Games for Change Challenge here in Kingston upon Thames. Games for Change can follow a virtual or physical format or, depending on the situation, a combination of both.