Our holiday hunger programme directly benefits families who find it most difficult during the school holidays to afford to feed their children.
In just 7 days in March 2020 our team developed the idea to get families cooking healthy delicious meals over the Easter holidays. This programme was a massive success; demand was so high that we only had the capacity to work with 36 families in this pilot.
The feedback has been fantastic, the children have loved being in the kitchen, learning new skills and eating new foods.
- "just received our pack my children are so excited to start this thank you so much"
- "He did a brilliant job and loved taking ours orders for the toppings then putting them all together! Total winner, thank you"
- "I want to say a massive thank you, the kids have enjoyed every second of this and have tried different foods. It was a great opportunity and we are glad we took part.
- "My kids have loved every second of cooking, baking and trying new foods. It's been great and what you do is brilliant!"
- "The Larder has really given my kids a focus.....during lockdown. Thank you from the heart"
- "Because I am a key worker it was nice to spend some quality time with the kids and cook a meal for us to share before I went to work"
Whats Next For Kids In The Kitchen?
We want our holiday hunger programme to reach more families and make a real difference throughout summer 2020. Our aim is to deliver ingredient kits, recipe cards and easy to follow videos to 120 families over 6 weeks - that's 20 families per week for everyone to cook along with us!
We want to add to our fabulous collection of 10 easy-to-follow recipes on our YouTube Channel
We need your help...
£10 will cover the cost of the ingredients and resources for a day for one family
£50 will cover the cost of the ingredients and resources for one week for one family
Each family will receive an ingredients kit with everything they need to cook the family meal for that day. We encourage the families taking part to showcase their finished dishes, to help them celebrate their cookery achievements.
Our holiday hunger programme directly benefits families who find it most difficult during the school holidays to afford to feed their children. It is so much more than just teaching people how to cook - its about bringing families together, giving families the food to feed their children and teaching them skills for life.
Lets get Preston cooking!