The Lancaster & District Homeless Action Service is in need of funds to combat the impacts of Covid-19 on the region’s most vulnerable people: those living in poverty and the homeless.
Charity services, dealing with homelessness and housing poverty, are not only in need of the usual funding but are becoming increasingly affected as more people are evicted from their homes as the eviction ban lifts in the UK. We're forecast to be under more pressure to assist people in coming months and need to be able to cover not just typical core costs but higher expenses as more people become incredibly vulnerable. We're already seeing an noticeable rise of people with complex mental and financial needs.
As well as typical core costs, we require urgent funding to cover new, raising expenditures as Covid increases the strain on those in poverty. Some evictions are already occurring and, when the eviction ban lifts, there will be a significant rise in homelessness.
We're looking for funding for:
- Our health support services, food and drink, and shower/hygiene facilities (especially important during the pandemic)
- Repairs to our building to ensure we can conduct our work safely
- Casework and advocacy support , enabling us to work directly with external drug and alcohol services and health professionals
- Our long-term relocation project
The LDHAS provides essential needs and services for those in housing poverty and those suffering homelessness in the Lancaster district area, which covers over 576 square-km. Your donations help us provide:
- Health support services
- Casework support
- Assistance with Benefits, Universal Credit, and PIP
- Housing needs
- Assistance with and referrals to drug & alcohol treatment
- Employment issues
- General use of IT facilities
- Food and drink
- Hygiene facilities
- Access to identification documents
Please do share our project on social media if you can; all types of support bring us closer to our goal of providing the best services for the most vulnerable people.
Also, should you ever shop on Amazon, please click through our link to support us at no extra cost to you! 0.5% of your purchase will be donated by Amazon.
If you have any questions or would like to get involved with our charity, feel free to contact us on our social media pages or through email.