Together we can tackle climate change!
This year we are raising money to fund the delivery of our Bloom (Primary) and Blossom (Secondary) learning programmes that inspire young people to take on climate action projects & support local communities. These targeted interventions help Pupil Premium students and those at risk of becoming NEET to become Community Climate Champions – improving links with their local community and connecting people of all generations.
Fighting education inequality since 2017
Bounceback Education CIC is a social enterprise that gives pupils from all backgrounds the chance to achieve their potential. We provide tutoring opportunities for pupils from disadvantaged backgrounds and run workshops, learning programmes and interventions designed to reduce the attainment gap between Pupil Premium and non-Pupil Premium students. This outreach work includes supporting those most at risk of becoming NEET with intergenerational community-based climate action projects that are designed to help them re-engage with mainstream schooling and post 16 progression opportunities.
Our social impact
Since 2017 Bounceback Education CIC has:
- Provided Pupil Premium students in Salford, Manchester and Stockport with over 2,500 hours of tutoring and learning support.
- Delivered learning programmes and workshops to over 250 pupils who were most at risk of becoming NEET (Not in Employment, Education or Training).
- Pre-Covid opened our first Learning Centre in Walkden, Salford which provided tutoring opportunities and learning programmes for our beneficiaries.
Climate action projects that support local communities
Our Bloom and Blossom learning programmes are specifically designed to improve community cohesion by inspiring our beneficiaries (Pupil Premium students and those most at risk of becoming NEET) to re-engage with mainstream schooling by taking on climate action projects. These targeted interventions, led by qualified teachers who lead activities that amplify cross-curricular learning opportunities, improve links with their local community (e.g. as a result of litter picking/recycling personal projects) and give our beneficiaries the chance to connect with (and learn from!) people of all generations.
What Will the Money be Used For?
Target 1: Learning Programmes & Resources
Our fundraising target of £20,000 will raise the funds required to:
- Deliver 4 x Bloom & Blossom learning programmes on behalf of schools in Salford in the 2023/2024 academic year.
- Create and share all accompanying resources via our social enterprise Resources Portal, to enable a wider network of schools to also benefit from our project.
Make an impact in 2024
Choose from our range of crowdfunding rewards or make a donation to pledge directly towards our fundraising target!